1. Heat BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer The Original Irish Cream over medium heat until warm (80°C (175°F)). Pour 1 cup of warm creamer, (reserve 1/4 cups) into mixing bowl and add sugar, butter and salt. Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream ingredients together until smooth. Set an aside.
2. In a separate bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the remaining warm BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer The Original Irish Cream and add 1 tsp sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside until yeast matures and is foamy, about 10 minutes.
3. Beat eggs until they begin to thicken. Combine eggs and yeast mixture with creamed mixture in mixing bowl. Beat in about 5 cups of flour, gradually adding 1 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. Change paddle attachment to dough hook and knead the dough for 7-8 minutes with the mixer. Stop mixer and turn dough out onto a clean work surface. Knead by hand 1-2 minutes to make dough smooth.
4. Spray nonstick cooking spray on the inside of a glass mixing bowl and place dough inside; spray top of dough so that dough is coated and won’t dry out. Cover bowl with a clean, damp towel or plastic wrap and then set in a warm place, free from any drafts. Allow to rise for 90 minutes, or until doubled in bulk. Flatten dough down. Remove dough from bowl and place onto a counter sprinkled with flour. Using a knife, divide dough evenly into 24 round pieces and form buns 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick. Arrange in 2 nonstick muffin pans.
5. Using a pastry brush, coat top of each bun with melted butter and set in a warm place to rise again for 45-60 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
6. Beat an egg with 1 tsp of water to make a wash; use your pastry brush to gently brush tops of risen buns with egg wash. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes or till golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.
YIELD: 2 dozen buns
- 310 mL (1 1/4 cups) warm BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer The Original Irish Cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) plus 5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1.25 L – 1.5 L (5-6 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 5 mL (1 tsp) water