1. Combine water, butter, salt and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Once it begins to boil add in rice and stir.
3. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove cinnamon stick.
6. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
7. Reduce heat to low and cook 25 minutes or until mixture thickens and becomes creamy, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
8. Let cool for 5-7 minutes; serve warm with whipped cream and grated cinnamon.
YIELD: 4 servings
- 500 mL (2 cups) water
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
- 1 cinnamon stick (5 cm or 2 inches)
- 250 mL (1 cup) uncooked Arborio or other shortgrain rice
- 500 mL (2 cups) BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer French Vanilla
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and grated cinnamon for garnish