1. In a saucepan over low heat, blend the milk, BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer The Original Irish Cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla extract. While mixture heats, keep stirring to prevent burning. Once the temperature reaches 100°C (210°F), just before boiling point, remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the sugar with egg yolks. Beat with a whisk or mixer until smooth and thick. Stir a spoonful of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture to raise the temperature. Then pour the egg yolk mixture into your saucepan and blend together. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly for 8–12 minutes; make sure you continue to stir the eggnog to keep it smooth. Do not let it boil.
3. The eggnog will thicken into custard-like consistency. Remove from heat and pour through strainer to remove the cloves. Place in refrigerator to cool for 2 hours or overnight. Serve in cups with a little extra ground nutmeg or cinnamon on top. Add rum when serving if desired.
YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 500 mL (2 cups) milk
- 500 mL (2 cups) BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer The Original Irish Cream
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon, ground
- 3 mL (3/4 tsp) nutmeg, ground
- 3 cloves, whole
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 250 mL (1 cup) light rum (optional)