1. Beat together whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
2. Slowly add sugar in a steady stream and beat until whites are glossy and hold a firm peak. Fold in ground almonds. Scoop onto parchment paper with ice cream scoop and lightly press center with spatula.
3. Bake at 175ºC (350ºF) for 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
4. Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and almond extract on low speed. Gradually add BAILEYS™ Coffee Creamer – The Original Irish Cream and beat until soft peaks are formed.
Place meringue cookies on cookie sheet and pipe pavlova cream, using a pastry bag onto the meringue cookie. Decorate with raspberries and blueberries.
YIELD: 12 cookies
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) cup egg whites
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) cream of tartar
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) salt
- 160 mL (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) toasted almonds (finely ground)
- 580 mL (2 1/3 cups) fresh raspberries (garnish)
- 580 mL (2 1/3 cups) fresh blueberries (garnish)